We’ve now done over 100 entries in the new integrated video & text blog format! Wow, there are books shorter than that!
So to celebrate we’re going to give away a free Lonely Planet book! To get a chance to win all you have to do is help us spread the word about how to sail around the world on luxury yachts for the cost of groceries.
Here’s the book we’re giving away:
We’ve been using the Lonely Planet guides as we travel, and they’ve been awesome!
Yes, this contest also doubles as an opportunity for us to tempt you to come out sailing the world with us. Hey, at least we’re transparent about it.
Here’s the deal:
1) You get a bid in the draw in two ways:
a) On Twitter: Follow @CGcouple and Retweet: “RT @CGcouple Discover how to hitchhike on sailboats to Tahiti! www.CoastGuardCouple.com #travel #backpacker #lp”
b) On Facebook: Friend either one of us and post a link to one of our blog entries or the How to Crew page and tag us in it. Example:
Feel free to embellish just make sure you link to the blog and tag one of us.
So that means you can have up to 2 bids in the draw.
2) Make sure you include the links to our names so we can count your entry.
3) You max at 2 bids, one for each way. So no, don’t spam on Twitter or Facebook because it will do you no good.
4) To count, posts must be made by 11:59 pm on Monday, 4 July 2011, US Pacific time zone. That’s NEXT Monday, so get cracking!!
5) We will announce the winner on Thursday, 7 July’s post!
6) When you win, we will Facebook message or tweet you to get a good shipping address. If you don’t respond within 48 hours we will draw another winner and give your book to them.
7) Unlike the Sharktopus contest, this one includes worldwide shipping, so hey – you Kiwis and Aussies and French Polynesians and Tongans and Niueans and Cook Islanders! You’re in this one! (Yes, Germans too, how could we forget the awesome Germans?